The cement mill is the equipment used to grind the hard, nodular clinker from the cement kiln into the fine grey powder that is cement. Most cement is currently ground in ball mills.
Large media can’t produce the ultra-fine particles required in the finished cement, but small media can’t break large clinker particles.
Ball Mill Maintenance
Ball mill is an important grinding mill in mineral processing operation. Grinding is energy cosuming process. The ball mill needs to be operated and maintained properly. Here are some attentions for ball mill troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Regularly lubricate the main shafts of ball mill, and a thorough cleaning is very necessary during the operation of ball mill. After a month, operators should replace all the lubricating oil.
- When the ball mill is operating, the temperature of main bearing should not exceed 55℃.
- The large and small gears should work smoothly with no abnormal noise. If necessary, operator should adjust the gap between them.
- There should be no abnormal fluctuation in the motor current.
- If something abnormal is found, workers should immediately stop the ball mill, and make a careful check.