Quicklime Uses And Quicklime Vertical Roller Mill
Brief Introduction Of Quicklime
Quicklime is a caustic compound known by its chemical name calcium oxide (CaO). It appears as a white powder when cold, and yellow when heated. Quicklime is produced by heating naturally-occurring limestone rock, which contains calcium carbonate. Being highly alkaline in nature, quicklime tends to react with the acidic carbon dioxide present in the atmosphere to again form calcium carbonate, or limestone, from which it was produced in the first place.
Main Applications Of Quick Lime
1.As filler in asphalt concrete to reduce inner space or in cement concrete to reduce cement consumption, improve concrete work performance, decrease heat of hydration;
2.Mineral powder mixed with asphalt to form adhesive cement to increase asphalt cement strength and stability.
3.Powder/ Asphalt ratio could affect the crack resistance property.
4.Mineral powder normally could delay solidation speed, which is good for concrete working especially in summer.
5.A wide range of lime products is used when iron ore is processed into steel. The production of each tonne of steel requires more than 50 kg of quicklime. Lime forms a highly basic slag, which purifies iron ore to form the final steel product after a complicated process chain.
6.Most field and garden plants need lime as nutrition as well as an absorbent of other nutrients. By improving plants’ ability to absorb nutrients. Also can be used to adjust PH value of soil.
7.In sugar production process lime is used to absorb impurities.
When added, it causes the alkalization of sugar solution and precipitation of unnecessary colloids.
Same principle in dirty water procession.
Shanghai Zenith LM Vertical Roller Mill is recommended for Making Fine Lime Powder (80-400mesh powder).
Advantages Of LM Vertical Roller Mill For The Production Of Fine Lime Powder
1. Low Investment Cost
Due to the integrated functions of crushing, drying, grinding, classifying, powder conveying in one, the LM Vertical Roller Mill system has simple compact layout, covers an area of about 50% of the ball milling system, and can be arranged in the open air, so it can greatly reduce the investment cost.
2. Low Operating Cost
(1) High efficiency: the roller directly rolls and grinds the material on the grinding disc, which has low energy consumption and saves 30% ~ 40% energy consumption compared with the ball grinding system.
(2) Less wear: the roller is not in direct contact with the grinding disc, and the roller and the lining plate are made of good quality materials, so the service life is long and the wear is less.
3. High Drying Efficiency
Hot air from the outside into the mill, in the mill directly, many times full contact with the powder material, drying ability is strong, can save a dryer for the mill system, energy saving, by adjusting the temperature of hot air, can meet the requirements of materials with different humidity.
4. Easy Operation And Maintenance
(1) Equipped with automatic control system, can realize remote control, easy operation.
(2) Equipped with a limit device to prevent direct contact between the roller sleeve and the grinding plate liner, to avoid destructive impact and violent vibration.
(3) By overhauling the cylinder, turning over the arm, replacing the roller sleeve and liner, it is convenient and fast to reduce the loss of shutdown.
5. Stable Product Quality
(1) Because the material stays in the mill for a short time, it is easy to detect and control the product particle size and chemical composition, reduce repeated grinding and stabilize the product quality.
(2) The iron content in the product is very little, and the iron contained in the mechanical wear is easy to remove, used for grinding white or transparent materials, the whiteness and clarity of the product is high.
6. Environmental Protection And Cleaning
Small vibration, low noise, and the overall sealing of the equipment, the system works under negative pressure, no dust spillover, clean environment, meet the national environmental protection requirements.