Application Of Heavy Calcium In Plastics Industry
(1) Adding heavy calcium to plastic can play the following roles:
- Increase and reduce costs.
- Improve the heat resistance of plastic products. For example, adding 40% heavy calcium to polypropylene can increase its heat distortion temperature by 20°C.
- Improve the astigmatism of the plastic, and play the role of shading or extinction.
- Improve the electroplating performance or printing performance of plastic products.
- Reduce dimensional shrinkage of plastic products and improve dimensional stability.
Heavy calcium is widely used in polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene, polypropylene and various unsaturated resins. Among them, polyvinyl chloride products are the earliest and largest market for heavy calcium applications. As a secondary stabilizer of polyvinyl chloride, heavy calcium can prevent the production of smoke when heated.
(2) The dosage of heavy calcium in various plastic products:
- Heavy calcium accounts for 10%～30% in soft polyethylene wires and shoe soles
- Heavy calcium accounts for 15%-40% in PVC pipes, plates, and profiles
- In PVC tiles and floor tiles, heavy calcium accounts for 40% to 80%.
- In polyethylene, polypropylene packaging materials, and auto parts, heavy calcium accounts for 20% to 60%.
- In calcium plastic materials, the general dosage of heavy calcium is 50% to 90%, and the maximum filling amount can reach 95%.
- In the polyolefin filler masterbatch, the amount of heavy calcium accounts for 80%.
- The amount of heavy calcium in the polyethylene incinerable garbage bags accounts for 30% to 40%.
The heavy calcium high-efficiency mills we produce can be used for calcium carbonate powder processing, and are high-performance and environmentally-friendly equipment options.If you are interested, please contact us to get a free heavy calcium powder production plan!