Application of Bentonite in Building Materials
1.The Role Of Bentonite In Construction Mortar
Adding bentonite to the construction mortar can make the mortar full and smooth; it can improve the sliding properties and pumpability of the mortar; its thixotropic properties give the mortar good sag resistance and smoothing performance; if used with cellulose ether, While improving the water retention of the mortar, it also improves the workability of the mortar, making the mortar smooth and not sticking to the knife, and the construction is convenient. In addition, the material cost of bentonite is significantly lower than that of cellulose ether and starch ether.
2.Application Of Bentonite In Plastering Gypsum
- Bentonite can provide lubricity in plastering plaster
- Labor costs are increasing, and the construction performance of the product has become a very key selling point;
- Bentonite thixotropic lubricant can improve the operability of construction, make the slurry batch smooth, not stick to the knife, save effort, and improve construction efficiency;
- Easier to pump, reducing pumping resistance and friction;
- At the same time, it can impart good thixotropy to the slurry, prevent sagging, and reduce material loss during construction.