Activated Carbon Properties And Grinding Mill
Activated carbon is a black porous solid carbonaceous material. In the early stage, it is obtained by carbonization and activation of wood, hard nut shell or animal bone, and then converted to coal by pulverization, molding or carbonization and activation with uniform coal particles. The main component is carbon, and contains a small amount of oxygen, hydrogen, sulfur, nitrogen, chlorine and other elements. Since the activated carbon is irregularly arranged in structure, there are fine pores between the cross-links, and carbonaceous defects are generated upon activation, so that it is a porous carbon having a low bulk density and a large specific surface area. Ordinary activated carbon has a specific surface area of between 500 and 1700 m 2 /g. It has strong adsorption performance and is an industrial adsorbent with extremely wide application.
Specific surface area: >1500m2/g
Mohs hardness: 3-3.5
Shape:granule, flaky, powder
Water treatment applications
Air purification applications
Energy storage applications
Cold extraction applications
Gas purification applications
Food and beverage applications
According to the raw materials, appearance, manufacturing methods, and uses, there are many types. There are no accurate statistical materials so far, and there are about a thousand varieties.
Classified According To Raw Materials
(1) Coal-based activated carbon, also known as coal-based activated carbon.
(2) Wood activated carbon.
(3) husk/nuclear activated carbon.
(4) Petroleum activated carbon.
(5) Resin-based activated carbon.
(6) Other small varieties of activated carbon products.
Classified By Appearance
(1) Powdered activated carbon.
(2) Granular activated carbon.
(3) fibrous activated carbon, also known as activated carbon fiber.
(4) Honeycomb activated carbon, or honeycomb activated carbon.
(5) Activated carbon molding, also known as composite activated carbon.
Shanghai Zenith Mineral Company have done many activated carbon grinding projects. Which has many production line in Thailand, Sri Lanka, South Africa, etc. Most of these projects are for Activated carbon powder of adsorption usage. If necessary, please contact us!
The XZM series medium-speed ultrafine mill is the production of the industrial grinding machine which has been accumulated for more than 20 years It has absorbed the technical essence of the powder equipment at home and abroad, such as Germany and Japan. After many innovations and tests, a highly efficient and low consumption ultrafine powder processing equipment has been designed, which fills up the blank of ultrafine powder processing and has successfully replaced the traditional air mill, ball mill. The equipment has the advantages of superior performance, stable quality, simple operation and convenient maintenance. It has greatly improved the added value. Obviously, as an ideal equipment for micro-powder processing, the economic benefit is remarkable.
The mill is suitable for processing the low and intermediate hardness brittle materials which are non-flammable and non-explosive, such as calcium carbonate, bentonite, talc ,mica ,barite, gypsum and graphite and so on. So far, it has been widely applied in paint, paper making, pigment ,rubber ,plastic, filler, cosmetics, chemical supplies and many other industrial fields.
The Technical Advantages Of The XZM Series Medium-speed Ultrafine Mill
- 1. It features high efficiency and low energy consumption .with the capacity more than twice that of jet mills but the energy consumption lower by 30%
- 2. The rollers and ring are forged from special material which increases the durability by several times
- 3. The grinding chamber has no bearing screw, and is able to work stably free of vibration after balance treatment
- 4. The efficient vertical turbine powder classifier can achieve high efficiency, accurate cutting size and no spillover of coarse powder.
- 5. Frequency-conversion control, convenient for the adjustment control , with the one-time finished productsD97 < 5um.
- 6. Automatic feedback with fast and stable conversion of finished products; intelligent control , saving labor costs.
- 7. The efficient double powder collecting method of powder collectors and pulse dust collectors is able to achieve good effect in dust collection, which is far higher than the international standard.
- 8. The optimized sound insulation room and muffler can effectively prevent the spread of equipment noise.