Ball Mill Design Analysis
The degree of milling in a ball mill is influenced by;
- Residence time of the material in the mill chamber.
- The size, density and number of the balls.
- The nature of the balls (hardness of the grinding material)
- Feed rate and feed level in the vessel.
- Rotation speed of the cylinder.
Pharmaceutical uses of Ball Mills
The small and average capacity Ball mills are used for the final grinding of drugs or for grinding suspensions.
The maximum capacity Ball mills are used for milling ores prior to manufacture of pharmaceutical chemicals.